How to Backup and Save Moodle Course Content
It is recommended that you backup your course each term.
Manual Course Backup
If you would like to choose which files to backup, follow these steps:
Go to Administartion > Course administration > Backup
- Initial settings - Select Include activities and resources and Include question bank, and other items as needed then click Next to continue customized the backup or click Jump to final Step (if you select this - go to step #4)
- Schema settings - Select/deselect specific items to include in backup then click Next
- Confirmation and review - Check that everything is as required, using the Previous button if necessary, otherwise click Perform Backup
- The backup is performed -- this process may take quite a while depending on the size of the course.
- Complete - Click Continue
A backup file is then saved in the course backup area.
You will be taken to the backup data directory in the files area for your course. To download the file to your local computer, click the Download link to download the .mbz file.