How to Export Gradebook Data
Moodle allows you to take data from your gradebook and export it to your own computer so you can modify values or input them into your own grading system (e.g. if you use advanced formulas to compute grades and prefer to work in a program like Excel). Moodle exports grades in the following file formats:
- OpenDocument spreadsheet
- Plain text file
- Excel Spreadsheet
- XML file
Along with to the grade items you select for export, the export will include First name, Last name, ID number, Email address.
- Step 1: In the Administration block, click Grades. The Grader report will open.
- Step 2: In the gradebook navigation tabs, click Export. Then click Excel Spreadsheet and the page will open.
- Step 3: Under Export Format Options, Select the settings for your download (i.e. how you want numerical values formatted).
- Step 4: Under Grade items to be included, check the boxes for the columns you wish to download.
Note: By default, every column in your gradebook will be included. At the bottom of the list, you can click Select all/none to make selecting columns more efficient.
- Step 5: Be sure you select Course Total
- Step 6: Click Download.