How to Submit a Turnitin Assignment
Submitting a Turnitin Assignment
Turnitin helps instructors assess the originality of student work and ensures the proper citation of references by comparing students' electronic documents to a variety of online sources and to the Turnitin database. The software then creates an “originality report” that rates submitted assignments and highlights text that appears in its databases or elsewhere on the Internet
- Turnitin can be used within Moodle or as a stand-alone application. It is preferred that all Turnitin assignments be submitted through Moodle.
- In Moodle, instructors can ask students to submit "Turnitin assignments." Or they can collect papers in a regular Moodle assignment, then use Turnitin to evaluate submissions on a case-by-case basis.
- Click on the Turnitin assignment
- On the top of the next page, click on Submit Paper.
- Then select your name from the drop-down list. If no drop-down list is available, skip to step 4.
- Enter a title for your submission.
- Click Browse next to the File to Submit, as seen below.
- Navigate to your file and click Upload this file.
- Once the file appears in the submission box, click Add Submission.
- Then verify your assignment submission by clicking the Submission Inbox. You can view the Similarity Report by clicking the percentage indicated in the column.
For Practice, please visit the Moodle For Students page and click on the Enroll Me link. You can then practice uploading a Turnitin Assignment in the Practice Area at the bottom of the page. When you have finished, please click the Unenroll me from Moodle For Students.